At Product and Quality you will be a key contributor to the next generation outstanding luxury cars from Volvo. Together with other engineers around the world, you and your team will create innovative human-centric car technology that makes life less complicated and more enjoyable for people. Are you interested in design and connected car technology? Do you share our passion for people, the environment and our urge to create a superior driving experience? Product and Quality is the place for you to prosper.
Senior Engineer Power Electronics.
The position is a key role in increasing the awareness about Power Electronics within the engineering team.
In this position, you will report to Manager Electric Drive HW.
Your main task as a Senior Engineer Power Electronics will be to focus on the technique and technical development of Power Electronics and act as an expert within the engineering team.
Bring new influences and knowledge to the team as well as ensure a steady growth of competence for individuals and the organization as a whole:
- Take the role as expert within Power Electronics
- Perform internal training within Power Electronics
- Take lead for research and development regarding Power Electronics
- Set and write specifications on both system and component level.
- Close cooperation’s with supplier.
- Continuously improve and develop suppliers.
- Follow up internal and external 8D’s to find root causes.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this position you need to be a team player, highly communicative and able to lead, influence and communicate with people on all levels.
- Master of Science in electrical engineering, or equivalent
- 10 years experience within Power Electronics engineering
- Experience of working within a high voltage environment
- Experience from AC systems and EMC
- High analytical skills
- Strong drive and be able to work independently.
- Strong/fluent communication skills (verbal, written and listening) in English.
- Experience from electrical machinery and automotive are advantageous.
- Experience from matlab/simulink or P-spice are advantageous.
- Drivers license.
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Mattias Fribert, Senior Recruiter, +46 72 888 98 93, email@example.comHelp
Please register your application as soon as possible but no later than 4th of March.
About Volvo Car Group
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Car Group, our vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car brand" by simplifying people's lives. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future.