The best place to work in the Global Automotive Industry
Join us on this exciting journey into the future, we want to hear from You!
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Cars our mission is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car company and to make people's life less complicated". We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people on-board. People that want to make a difference and create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment.
Main responsibilities of the Department
Active Safety is an area where Volvo, through continuous launching of new, innovative, and world first safety features, has positioned itself among the leaders of the automotive industry. Now the work continues to reach our ambitious vision that by 2020 no one should be killed or seriously injured in a new Volvo.
Within the department, we develop systems such as Collision Avoidance, Automatic Parking, Driver Support, Brake system Software. We develop and integrate system and functionality into a complete product, encompassing SW, HW and sensors as radar, camera, ultrasonic and lidar, that build a comprehensive perception of the surroundings.
The department consist of over 300 ambitious and skilled engineers and is responsible for the development and verification of:
• Advanced Driver Assistance System
• Protective Safety
• Vehicle Motion & Stability
• Autonomous Drive Function, Software & Sensor Platform
We are now looking for Scrum Masters within each above areas.
We need to move to a more product and value focused organisation where teams work tightly together and ensure a strong customer value for the dedicated product area over time. To facilitate for the teams to work more efficiently together we will rely on our Scrum Masters to be servant leaders and coach the teams using agile team practices with focus on flow and taking lead in continuous improvements.
- Lead team and assist them to embrace, adopt and apply agile principles and practices
- Facilitate the team’s progress toward team goals by focusing on improving performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow and velocity as well as staying focused on the team’s iteration goals
- Facilitate all team meetings like the daily stand-up, iteration planning, demo and retrospective
- Support the Product Owner in their efforts to manage the backlog with respect to priorities and scope
- Communicate with management and outside stakeholders, collaborate with other Scrum Masters to learn and improve own profession
- Facilitate preparation and readiness for Agile release train (ART) ceremonies like PI Planning, System Demos and the Inspect and Adapt
Qualifications and Personal characteristic:
- University degree in Engineering, preferably Master of Science within electrical engineering and/or industrial engineering, automation or similar.
- Very good practical and theoretical knowledge of Agile principles e.g. scrum methodology.
- Fluent in English, verbally and written.
- Good leadership skills
- Strong communication & collaboration skills.
Location for this position is within Gothenburg/Mölndal. We apply a continuous selection process so we recommend that you submit your application in English as soon as possible.
If you have any questions regarding the position, you are welcome to contact Åsa Laveno, Director 94403 AD & ADAS Program Management, email@example.comHelp.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Feven Selassie, Senior Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp