Want to drive digital change in automative?
At Volvo Cars, we are making bold digital visions come true. We aim to lead in the automotive world by creating a digital ecosystem built around making our customers' lives less complicated. Now we are looking for curious, creative people who want to change the world through innovative thinking.
What we do
Volvo Cars is on an ambitious journey to re-define the customer experience in automotive through digital technology. While Volvo is pushing the boundaries on several fronts – autonomous driving, vehicle electrification, cutting-edge vehicle engineering design, and more – some of the most exciting action is happening in our Consumer and Enterprise Digital Group. Having recently hired our first Chief Digital Officer from Silicon Valley -- with a background that includes both start-ups and Amazon -- and being propelled by a new global business expansion -- Volvo Cars is uniquely positioned. We are taking consumer-facing technology around the driving experience to places most players are only dreaming about – and changing how people think about automotive transportation as a result. We’re committed to giving Volvo customers an entire week of quality time back per year by 2025 through these types of innovations that simplify their lives. We’re looking for team members in this Digital organization who think about technology problems and opportunities in exciting and different ways – creative and critical thinkers who want to change the world with us here at Volvo.
This role is within our Consumer Commercial Digital Products team, which is using digital to reinvent the experience of becoming a Volvo customer. There’s no reason the experience of buying a car should be painful and difficult – it should be as enjoyable and exciting as actually having a new car. That is our mission. This is a rapidly growing team, and we are looking for outstanding people who will be some of the earliest hires in their function, helping to establish it at Volvo Cars.
What you'll do
As a Lead UX Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will be expected to utilize your full range of design and research skills, and you will own the experience for your products. You will work collaboratively as part of a dedicated product team, alongside a product manager, software engineers, and an analyst, as well as part of a broader UX design community.
- Develop a deep understand of customer needs and pain points, serving as an expert for your product team
- Design the end-to-end customer experience for your area and the interaction model at each step, including key design artifacts such as storyboards, user flows, and wireframes
- Manage & mentor 3-5 UX Designers, helping them to grow in their craft
- Develop rapid prototypes and test them with users to iterate your designs
- Uncover unmet customer needs and develop ideas for new & enhanced features
- Communicate your insights, ideas, and planned approach to stakeholders and to the rest of your product team
- Collaborate with other designers to ensure a seamless experience across the customer journey, and help other designers raise the bar on their work
- Be an internal thought leader on user experience best practices and trends, and an advocate for the importance of excellent user experience design
- Strong portfolio demonstrating excellent user experience design skills & taste, innovation as well as an embrace of established design patterns, and a thorough, thoughtful, strategic design process
- A minimum of 5 years of UX or interaction design experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (the ability to effectively sell an idea).
Who are you?
- Strong team player that can leverage the multiplier effect in cross-functional collaboration
- Can demonstrate mature leadership skills and ability to have an impact across an organization
- Strong ability to recognize and predict use cases and user interaction, including happy path as well as edge and corner cases, and incorporate them into designs
- Deep understanding of information design / architecture, gestalt principles, and user psychology
- Ability to manage time wisely across projects and competing priorities, meet agreed upon deadlines, and be accountable for work
- Proficiency in graphic design, motion graphics, digital art, a sensitivity to typography, color, layout, and a general awareness of materials/textures.
- Experience in working with a cross-functional team or large-scale software development lifecycle, including agile methodologies
How to learn more and apply
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact recruiter, Ulrika Karlsson at firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp. We want your application at the latest May 6 2018. Please note that applications via email will not be accepted.
Who are we?
Volvo Cars is a company on a mission; to bring traditional car manufacturing into a connected, sustainable and smart future.
Since 1927, we have been a brand known for our commitment to safety, creating innovative cars that make life less complicated for our consumers. In 2010, we decided to transform our business, resulting in a totally new generation of cars and technologies, as well as steady growth and record sales. Today, we’re expanding our global footprint in Europe, China and the US, and we’re on the lookout for new talent.
We are constantly pushing our own skills and abilities to drive change in the automobile industry like never before. We are looking for innovative, committed people to join us in this endeavour and create safe, sustainable and connected cars. We believe in the power of people and will challenge and support you to reach your full potential. Join us and be part of Volvo Cars’ journey into the future.