Infotainment Android Software Developer
Volvo Cars is developing next generation Infotainment platform based on Android.
We are now looking for Android software developers to join our team - are you the one?
As an Android developer, you will be highly involved in producing our next generation infotainment UI interface and functionality. You need to have good collaboration skills, as you will be working together with different stakeholders to create the UI interface. You will have implementation duties as well as being involved in architecture discussions. The main focus is on delivering software that is able to function well within the Infotainment eco system. This includes flexible, maintainable and extendable solutions to support the development of our roadmap as well as adapting to the ever-changing demands from the world around us. You will need to consider non-functional requirements such as performance, scalability and security when producing designs and software. Quality assurance is also a large part of a software developer’s role; this includes not only code reviews, but also following standards and best practices. As a software developer, you will engage in discussions about how to implement new and innovative ideas in Volvo Cars Infotainment platform ensuring the development of a highly adaptive Volvo UI and UX.
We are applying modern software development practices, where agile teams are supported by continuous integration frameworks and collaboration tools.
- Android Embedded Software Development
- HMI Development
- Android App Development
- Development of Automated Testing
- Architectural discussions
Required qualifications / skills:
- A couple of years of experience from working in the field of Android software development
- Linux development toolchain (git, gerrit, etc.)
- Efficient SW test methods, including automated unit and integration testing
- Object oriented design / Design patterns
- Agile software development
- M.Sc. in Electrical and/or Software Engineering or similar relevant experience
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Experience from working with Continuous Integration
- Experience from working in an international environment
- Software development in the full vertical Android stack
- Experience from Embedded Linux Development
- Driver’s license (B-level)
- A strive for future development and challenges
- Driven and self-motivated as the optimal architecture is a compromise taking both our future roadmap and user experiences into consideration
- Communicative and a great team player, you need to explain your ideas about the software architecture and be responsive to your colleagues challenges and ideas as well as bridging between management and technical staff
- Willing to take up the task that is most important for the team to progress
Please apply as soon as possible. The last application day is March 16th, 2018.
If you have any questions regarding the position, you are welcome to contact Hiring Manager Richard Lundberg, or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp
For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Bojana Dukic at email@example.comHelp
We hope that this position has caught your attention and we are looking forward to your application!