As our Head of Collection, you will work with areas such as collection strategies, sharing best practice bank-wide and performance measurement in general. You will be part of Ikano Bank, where we create possibilities for a better living by providing banking and financial services. We do it with different perspectives, natural curiosity and long-term focus. A unique chance for greater responsibility and future opportunities. Let’s achieve great things together.
Let’s make a difference in finance for the many people
As Head of Collection you will be part of our Operations management team and report directly to the COO. You will work with all our markets (local Head of Operations and collection managers) in order to strengthen the continued development of our performance and sharing best practice between units. Local managers working within Collection will have a dotted reporting line to the Head of Collection.
We are looking for a person who can take the global responsibility for securing efficient collection services, including improving collection tools and processes, always with Customer focus and on fair terms. This role manages collection performance and will be the leader in driving enhanced collection strategies.
The key responsibilities for the Head of Collection at Ikano Bank will be:
- Develop and execute a collection strategy (closely developed together with Risk) and secure proper integration into the organization.
- Ensure consistency in collections policies, strategies, systems, and reporting across each business line. Ensure full compliance with external and internal regulations within the area. Make updates based on delivered analysis of performance trends and in coordination with the Chief Risk Officer and Risk Analysts.
- Establish champion challenger environment of thinking
- Overall responsible for ensuring efficient support services in the Operations organization working closely together with our local Operations departments in order to secure a global performance. Manage, evaluate and consult on capacities and capabilities needed for local collection teams. Working with colleagues in Operations in order to ensure accurate volume forecasts and the required contact centre resources including daily and weekly variances e.g. training, holidays, test resources, etc. Drive the area of resource utilization through optimal shift alignment to drive cost and effectiveness & efficiency.
- Ensure that local resources work with and provide the business with sound analytical advice on proposed collections processes for new products
- Manage performance by relevant KPI's and SLA's and analysing management reports.
- Supported by Risk and Compliance, develop quality and internal controls and secure reporting to ensure co-workers and the business adhere to policies, guidelines and all regulatory requirements.
- Vendor management where negotiations as well as following up on performance on outsourced activities are important
- Create a dynamic work environment where people continuously develop and contribute to our goals. Encourage employees to collaborate across countries and functions to be even more effective – working together!
- Leading with Ikano values in mind, always applying common sense & simplicity in day-to-day situations – always on fair terms.
We offer you
Operating at the center of events, you will have an active role in various decision forums, represent us to external partners and create a great foundation for further development. This position is more than what meets the eye. You will get the chance to push boundaries and influence your daily work. All as part of a caring and open culture where we live our values, work hard, have fun and operate with a long-term perspective. Because here opportunities arise and growth follows.
Are you the one for Ikano?
In order to be successful in this role we believe you match the following criterias and is a “doer”:
- Ability to lead new and developing business during changing times in an efficient and simple way.
- Have a strong strategic approach and know how to implement it in our (complex) every day business
- Extensive expertise and experience from the debt collection and preferably hands-on experience from optimizing collections from a process improvement perspective.
- Feel comfortable when it comes to stakeholder management working with for example country managers and general management in the bank.
- Have the ability to build trust and communicate clearly with different people in various situations.
- Experience from leading managers (matrix organization) and management teams in a multi-site environment.
- Ability to balance the needs of the business with the wellbeing of the co-workers
- Have strong coaching skills, leading both teams and individual.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and preferably also in one of the Nordic languages.
Join us now – together we will find a better way
Ikano Bank is working together with Academic Search and we are looking forward to receiving your application as soon as possible. For questions regarding the position please contact Marcus Kleine at 0736-503177 or Susan Sjölund at 0704-322875. We look forward to meeting you and telling you more about this exciting opportunity!
Ikano Bank offers simple and attractive savings and loan products for consumers, sales support services for retailers, and leasing and factoring solutions for corporate customers. Ikano Bank has a presence in Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, the UK, Poland, Germany and Austria. Ikano Bank is part of Ikano Group, who is an international group of companies operating in the areas of banking, insurance, residential and retail. At Ikano, our vision is to create possibilities for better living. We do this by working together to create simple and meaningful solutions based on fair terms that bring value to our customers. Ikano Group was established in 1988 and is owned by the Kamprad family. Find out more about us on www.ikanogroup.com
Susan Sjölund - email@example.com