We're leading. Will you?
At Volvo Cars, we are always looking for world-class leaders who bring out the best in our people. If you want to be part of leading and inspiring our mission to change the automotive experience and make people’s lives less complicated, then we have the job for you.
What we offer
At Product & Quality you will be a key contributor to the next generation outstanding luxury cars from Volvo. Together with other engineers around the world, you and your team will create innovative human-centric car technology that makes life less complicated and more enjoyable for people. Are you interested in design and connected car technology? Do you share our passion for people, the environment and our urge to create a superior driving experience? Product & Quality is the place for you to prosper.
Propulsion Systems Testing (91820) is a section within the department “A&V Environments”. We are responsible for all laboratories handling propulsion system development including batteries, electric machines, Combustion engines, transmissions and propulsion units. We aim to deliver our work with our vision "We shall deliver world class test results". This organisation is rapidly changing to meet the future need for electrified vehicles and to do this in an agile development way.
In this area we are looking for a Group Manager for the team Dynamic Propulsion Testing. This group are responsible for our sophisticated test cells that can simulate and evaluate all vehicle driving patterns and vehicle states including temperature and altitude. You will face the challenge to develop this very technically complexed area through creating a high functioning team that can take a large responsibility for their delivery of world class capacity and quality test result.
About the job
- Lead the operations of the group
- Inspire and coach team members and ensure that they have the right prerequisites to deliver
- Lead the competence development of the team and each individual
- Take on an ownership of the test cells operated by your team and act to ensure that operational efficiency, technology and methodology development is ensured on both short and long sight
- Follow-up on customer feedback and team performance and use the input for improving attitude, processes and technology
- Work with other teams, sharing interfaces with your team, to build mutual understanding of targets and expectations and implement best practices
- Secure work environment short- and long term perspective
- Actively participate in section Propulsion Systems Testing management team and the leading work of the section
You and your skills
- University degree or equivalent in science or business administration
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Understanding of Analysis and Verification and its role in the product development process
- At least 5 years of product development creation
- Documented leadership of other people
- Experience and merits from developing an organization, especially Propulsion development
- Understanding of business economics
- Understanding and experience of continuous competence- and work process improvement is a merit
- Driver’s license needed to understand our product
- Experience of work in laboratory environment to be able to understand the challenges this implicates
Who are you
- Strong leadership skills and ability to apply this in an organization to create development change
- Strategic ability and holistic view of business development
- Strong commitment, driving force and perseverance to together with staff and clients achieve results in development of business and deliveries
- Strong ability to be open, prestige less and highly cooperative and communicative
- Strong ability to build teams and networks
- Ability to be clear and dare to take decisions
How to learn more and apply
Does this sound like your next challenge? Welcome with your application by submitting your resume and cover letter via the link below no later than 30th of September 2018.
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Bengt Tullgren, Acting Director 91820 Propulsion Systems Testing, 072-3716063 for questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Charlotte Silfversparre, Senior Recruiter at email@example.com
Please note that applications through email are not accepted.
Who are we?
Volvo Cars is a company on a mission; to bring traditional car manufacturing into a connected, sustainable and smart future.
Since 1927, we have been a brand known for our commitment to safety, creating innovative cars that make life less complicated for our consumers. In 2010, we decided to transform our business, resulting in a totally new generation of cars and technologies, as well as steady growth and record sales. Today, we’re expanding our global footprint in Europe, China and the US, and we’re on the lookout for new talent.
We are constantly pushing our own skills and abilities to drive change in the automobile industry like never before. We are looking for innovative, committed people to join us in this endeavour and create safe, sustainable and connected cars. We believe in the power of people and will challenge and support you to reach your full potential. Join us and be part of Volvo Cars’ journey into the future.