Your leadership will make a difference.
At Volvo Cars, we are always looking for world-class leaders who bring out the best in our people. If you want to be part of leading and inspiring our mission to change the automotive experience and make people’s lives less complicated, then we have the job for you.
What we offer
At Volvo Cars our goal is to produce and deliver with exceptional quality while focusing on the highest levels of safety standards, innovative technologies, and customer satisfaction. Our vision for 2020 is that one should be killed or seriously injured in a new Volvo car, and our target by 2025 is to have 1 million electrified cars on the road and we forecast that one-third of our sales will be autonomous-driving by the same time.
We are now looking for a group manager to our new group within Maintenance who both share the same vision as us and is excited to be part of our journey of transforming the automotive industry.
What you will do.
You will belong to a newly created group which consists of a team within computer and software maintenance as well as a team who handles corrective and preventive maintenance. The group includes around 20 persons, with a mix of white and blue collar employees and consultants. We handle rig development maintenance support in purpose to secure the operational reliability. Furthermore, we operate in close contact with our customers and other groups within the maintenance department. Our working hours are normally daytime, but have also a limited evening shift. Last, the group itself belong to our a larger section called Maintenance, Investments & Metrology, which has the responsibility to develop and procure testing equipment and facilities for the different departments within Volvo Cars R&D business unit.
We believe this role will offer you a great opportunity to act in many different arenas within Volvo Cars, to grow in the role as a leader, and to help us transform the future of our organization.
- Responsible for management of the group and to secure the team’s progress and deliveries
- Responsible for develop the maintenance processes etc. within the group to ensure a cost-effective operation
- Create the basis for the team members to develop in the desired direction and to ensure that appropriate competences are maintained over time
- Follow-up on customer feedback and team performance and use the input for improving attitude, processes and technology
- Establish and operate through networks together with our customers
- Actively participate in the section management team and contribute to the development and improvement of operational efficiency and quality of deliveries
Do you fit the profile?
- University degree or equivalent experience, preferably in electronics or automation
- Good leadership and communication skills
- Demonstrated technical knowledge
- Excellent ability to cooperate with other team members
- Experience from maintenance or machinery tool development process
- Fluent in Swedish and English (written and spoken)
Who are you?
In this role, we are looking for a person with a genuine interest in developing people and our business. You have high communication and cooperation skills and the ability to create new relationships within a large multinational company. Other traits that we appreciate is integrity, courage and energy. Being results orientated and ability to think conceptually/see the big picture is also important.
How to learn more and apply
If you have any questions regarding the position please contact Håkan Burman, Director Maintenance, Investment & Metrology at +46-708-206035, email@example.com. For questions about the recruitment process, please contact Linus Källman, Senior Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
We want your application at the latest August 26th. Please note that applications via email will not be accepted.
Who are we?
Volvo Cars is a company on a mission; to bring traditional car manufacturing into a connected, sustainable and smart future.
Since 1927, we have been a brand known for our commitment to safety, creating innovative cars that make life less complicated for our consumers. In 2010, we decided to transform our business, resulting in a totally new generation of cars and technologies, as well as steady growth and record sales. Today, we’re expanding our global footprint in Europe, China and the US, and we’re on the lookout for new talent.
We are constantly pushing our own skills and abilities to drive change in the automotive industry like never before. We are looking for innovative, committed people to join us in this endeavour and create safe, sustainable and connected cars. We believe in the power of people and will challenge and support you to reach your full potential. Join us and be part of Volvo Cars’ journey into the future.