Are you a quick learner with an analytical mind? Are you interested in the energy market? Do you want to play a part in shaping the future of a company where the only constant is change and who has committed to become fossil free within one generation? Then we have three interesting positions for you!
Dispatch Nordic and Planning and Optimisation Nordic are two performance oriented departments located in Business Area Markets. The teams are responsible for planning and optimization of Vattenfall’s Nordic hydro-, nuclear- and heat production in all time horizons from seasonal to intraday including bidding to SPOT and ancillary services markets.
Value Forecasting & Optimization is part of the central Analysis department. It bundles all modelling for price forecasting, asset dispatch and short-term physical trading. The international team serves the offices in all countries. This position will have a strong Nordic focus.
Dispatch Nordic is looking for two new ambitious team members to join as soon as possible. As a Dispatcher you continuously monitor the operations and the portfolio position and decide on the most optimal actions to handle imbalances and offering our assets to intraday or regulating markets. You handle intraday outage events, gather information from other BUs and constantly re-plan our hydro production, adapting to constantly changing conditions. Working within this position implies scheduled shift work 24/7. The role demands that you can make own decision, handle different situation and to have the capability to prioritize. You must be able to work alone in evenings and nights. The responsibilities provides an interesting and challenging role with varying tasks. When not on shift you will take an active part in developing our business by engaging in improvements of methods, tools and processes.
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Planning; prepare and analyse relevant input data, decide if, and how, to re-plan based on asset availability, reservoir levels, water value, portfolio balance and regulation price and direction.
- Evaluate most cost efficient alternative, manage optimization models and analyse the results, communicate results to counterparties etc.
- Analyse and create bid for ancillary services, handle requests etc.
- Challenge established solutions and initiate business improvements
- Take part in cross functional teams working on improvements of methods, tools and processes
The Value Forecasting & Optimization team is looking for a new team member to join as soon as possible. Your role will be part time Dispatcher and part time Analyst. Your thorough understanding of the business, obtained in operational work, will enable you to translate its challenges into analytical questions and find modelling answers to them.
- University degree with math exposure (e.g. Engineering, IT, Economics etc.)
- Strong business sense
- Ability to make decisions and prioritize
- Flexibility and ability to keep many activities ongoing simultaneously
- Understanding of how to facilitate cooperation with different stakeholders
- Ability to work in teams as well as individually. We expect you to have a own personal drive and interest in creating high quality in all situations
- Knowledge of the power market and trading experience is a merit but not a requirement
- Good communication- and analytical skill. You should have a strong interest in Power markets and have a curiosity to investigate and learn more about related business areas
- First experiences in programming (e.g. Python)
- Fluent in Swedish and good skills in English
- This is a security-controlled appointment (by SÄPO)
We offer an interesting and challenging job within a leading energy company in a field that gives good opportunity for strong personal development. You will take part in extensive on the job training. You will be part of an innovative, dynamic and high performing team within an organization that strives for just in time excellence and continuous improvements. You will work in one of the central functions within the company.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity & inclusion helps building a more attractive, efficient, customer centric and profitable company. Therefore we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, religious belief, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
Location: Arenastaden, Solna
Process and time line:
Please apply with your CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is the 24th of June 2018.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact the hiring managers Rolf Englund, +46 706 937 582 (Dispatch) or Jörg Seidel (Value Forecasting & Optimization) +49 172 5184653. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Recruiter Ann Nilsson, +46 727 085 755
Trade union representatives in Sweden: Lars-Erik Näsman/Mozghan Amiri (Unionen), Marthin Westman/Sven-Gunnar Gremlin (Akademikerna). To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00.
Business Area Markets maximizes the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimizing and dispatching, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimize 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with more than 560 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.