Together we can make a difference
At Getinge we are dedicated and passionate about helping our customers save lives and ensure excellent care. We provide innovations for operating rooms, intensive-care units, sterilization departments and for life science companies and institutions. Our portfolio combines well-known product brands such as Maquet, Pulsion, Atrium, Lancer and Datascope – just to name a few.
A career at Getinge will provide career opportunities that both inspire and challenge. Here, you can make a difference every day.
Director Focus Area Low Temperature Sterilzation and Endoscopy
We are recruiting a Director for our focus areas Low Temperature Sterilization and Endoscopy reprocessing to our Business Area (BA) Surgical Workflow (SW). You will, together with your team, be driving the portfolio from the BA and implement Getinge´s strategy for this portfolio. The product lines represents two of Getinge´s identified growth area in the future. The position gives you the opportunity to join a winning team, helping to continue our growth in market leading and life-saving products of high quality. You will interface with a wide variety of stakeholders, from Customers, Sales region, BA, and Supply Chain.
Your team consists of both Business Development Manager and Market Support for our focus areas, Low temperature Sterilization and Endoscopy reprocessing. Together with your team you are responsible for implementing Getinge ´s strategy for the product lines. You will be a member of the Infection Control Healthcare team.
Your main responsibilities and tasks include:
- Build a network with Instrument manufacturers
- Drive the discussions and the priorities towards the instrument manufacturers
- Together with your team define and maintain long term strategy in the form of a strategic play book reflecting the market & regional needs in alignment with the future R&D capabilities to get an efficient product portfolio offering covering the global health care customer need (5 year out)
Your team is responsible to:
- Drive the pre-study of our products and offers as outlined in the PGP to support the SW sales and growth targets. Leading the development of market requirements (MRS), business case (BC) and presentations needed for a successful PRB G0 gate decision
- Represent the business development and market interest in the ongoing balancing during the product development projects
- Drive the creation of the original marketing collaterals and sales training elements. Ensure the timely delivery of the relevant market deliverables in ongoing projects
- Drive the realization of the initial product launch of new products
- Support the Sales region with training and technical knowledge
Your preferred location is at our production site in Getinge outside Halmstad, but for the right candidate location can be flexible to any of our other European offices (for example Rastatt). This role involves international travel estimated to 20-30% on an annual basis. The position will be reporting directly to the Senior Director Infection Control Healthcare.
The ideal candidate
As ideal for the position you have 5-10 years of experience from a product management or business development role in the medical device industry. Ideally you have already worked together with Medical Instrument manufacturers and have a large network. You are competent at leading projects involving cross-functional teams and global markets. You are also competent leader for a small team. Further, we prefer you to have an academic degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or similar. Being willing to undertake international travel is crucial for this position. Fluent proficiency in English is necessary in order to succeed in this role. Any other languages are beneficial.
As a person you are an enthusiastic and self-propelled team-player who drives results and takes responsibility. Having strong sense of business acumen and influencing skills is important in order to succeed in this role. You are comfortable handling many different global stakeholders and you possess the ability to communicate efficiently with a wide range of people in all functions. A strategic mind-set and excellent problem-solving skills are also key factors. Additionally, you are motivated by working in a changing environment, making continuous improvements and you see this as an exciting opportunity to contribute to the success of our Focus Area!
Welcome with your application no later than April 8, 2018, if you are interested in the position. You are also welcome to contact Jonas Andersson at +46 (0)10 335 6310 if you have questions.
If you share our passion and believe that saving lives is the greatest job in the world, then we look forward to receiving your application. We hope you will join us on our journey to become the world’s most desired medtech company.