The section Switches and Comfort Electronics within the Vehicle SW & Electronics has responsibilities that stretches from early phases until launch of new cars. We develop customer functionality, handle project management, analysis, verification, hardware and software. The technical responsibility covers many of the switches, comfort systems and climate control in the vehicle. The section consists of approximately 70 persons, distributed in five groups.
In one of these groups, Steering Wheel & Seat Electronics and Switches, we are now looking for 2 experienced component engineers for our Steering Wheel Module. We are responsible for hardware and software development as well as the mechanical design for switches and buttons as well as ECUs. Today we work according to the waterfall concept but we aim at working agile and are just about to start the process. Therefore it is a real benefit if you have experience in working agile.
About the role
As a Component Designer for the Steering Wheel Module you will work with existing and new parts in current and upcoming car projects. The work includes all parts of a development process, from requirements to finished product. The work is done in teams that consist of system designers, software designers, hardware designers and a task leader. You are in close cooperation with the verification group and several other functions within Volvo Car Group. This work includes many contacts and is done in cooperation with international suppliers.
Since the component requires knowledge in many areas there are a lot to learn and next step in the career can thus be very diverse. And as we are in the beginning of the transformation to more agile work a good experience in this transformation will be obtained, especially since the SWM is involved in several different customer functions. You choose your next step!
• Develop solutions, in cross functional teams that fulfil design prerequisites and Volvo Cars standards within Time and Cost frames
• Responsible for electrical interfaces of components towards surrounding environment and for defining requirements on surrounding systems / components that are necessary to make the design work as intended
• Responsible for mechanical design
• Quality assurance regarding electronic hardware, mechanical design as well as perceived quality such as solidity and appearance
• Review suppliers designs
• Attend and lead supplier HW joint reviews and delivery reviews
• Verify the solution and recommend changes of the design regarding technology, quality, service, environment, market adaptation and rationalization
• Contribute to the build-up of experience, by participating and developing technology strategies within the area of competence
Experience and competienceis suitable for the role
• B.Sc. grade within Electrical, Mechatronics or equivalent level of education
• Experience of developing electronic HW and specifications
• Work experience within the automotive industry is a plus but not requied
• Project management experience is a plus but not required
• Knowledge of lean and agile work is a plus but not required
• ISO 26262 knowledge is a plus but not required
• B driving license
Personal qualities suitabe for the role
• Self-driven, reliable and a strong team player
• Structured with good documentation
• Good communication skills
• Open minded
• Performance driven
• Pays attention to details
• Customer focused
Curious to know more about the position and recruitment process?
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact our Manager for Sttering Wheel & Seat Eletronics, Britt Gruvesäter at firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp, +46723716052. For questions regarding the recruitment process please contact our Senior Recruiter, Mikael Dewrang, email@example.comHelp
We are looking forward for your application and please apply no later than April 8th. Please note, applications via email will not be accepted.
Who are we?
Volvo Cars is a car company with a purpose. With people in focus, we create attractive and sustainable premium cars, as well as innovations and services that make life less complicated and more enjoyable for people. We push our own professional skills and drive change in collaboration with other committed people – all with the common purpose to create a superior experience for the people who drive a Volvo. We believe in the power of people and will support you to reach your full potential. We welcome you to join us on our exciting journey into the future.