HiMat Engineering is transforming and digitalizing development and production of metallic materials. The current industry standard for development and manufacturing of metallic materials is an inefficient trial-and-error process, requiring long time and costly large-scale trials. Based on more than 10 years of world leading KTH research we are now in a position to change this with our data-driven approach and online software solutions. Our goal is set and feasible- we want to take a global leadership in digital metallic materials design (development and manufacturing) and transform the multibillion markets of materials design.
Using our data-driven solution our customers e.g. steel manufacturers can significantly cut time and costs, improve the materials design process and optimize their product solutions for better performance. HiMat Engineering is also developing our own proprietary materials. The first product is a novel stainless steel alloy that has been produced in industrial pilot scale by a major global steel company.
To grasp this market opportunity and build and scale a company our current team needs an entrepreneur to join as co-founder to drive business development and take on the CEO role.
WHAT WE HAVE ACCOMPLISHED
- We have launched HEDDA - our cloud software service to predict important material parameters based on machine learning.
- We have a verified strong market interest with first paying customer and several other in sales pipeline for our cloud software service as well as interest for our other data analytics services.
- Using our own data-driven approach we have developed and patented our own stainless steel alloy in only one year. Moreover, the alloy performance (life-time in service), is increased more than two-fold.
- Produced our alloy in pilot scale in cooperation with a major global steel company.
- Secured 1.2 Mkr in soft-funding and set to scale-up with larger EU funding and VC funding.
THE JOURNEY AHEAD
We are a spin-off from world leading KTH research and have a solid technological base and a strong tech team of four. We have generated an initial sales pipeline but now we need to accelerate and professionalize our sales processes, business development and build a solid platform for company growth including e.g. business planning, strategies and investor contacts.
For this we need an entrepreneurial and experienced new team member to help us on this challenging journey to be first in seeking to transform traditional material industries and take global leadership in digitalization of materials design.
Skills & Requirements
We are seeking a business developer with potential and desire to over time take on the CEO role. Your initial responsibilities will include developing our sales and sales processes, finding new customers and maintaining and developing existing customer relationships. You will be responsible for setting up the company’s business strategies and other key aspects such as driving funding processes or setting up partnerships.
In order to succeed in the role you most likely have:
- Customer focus and a sales-oriented mindset
- A strong drive, be a team player and highly capable of working independently.
- Industry and/or start-up experience, preferably software-related business development and B2B sales, ideally in an international context
- A MSc in engineering or business
- Fluency in English and Swedish
- Experience from working with materials engineering, computer simulations and mathematical modelling is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
During the first six months the role will be structured as a part time consultancy assignment. Thereafter, the intention is that you will become a fulltime CEO and a partowner of the company based on your work for the company.
We offer a great opportunity to join an aspiring and innovative company right at its start. Would you like to take part in our journey and shape yours and our future?
About the Company
HiMat Engineering is a spin-off from world leading KTH reseach into digital materials design. The company is transforming and digitalizing development and production of metallic materials. The current industry standard for development and manufacturing of metallic materials is an inefficient trial-and-error process, requiring long time and costly large-scale trials. Using our data-driven approach and online software solutions our customers can significantly cut time and costs, improve the materials design process and optimize their product solutions for better performance.
Sökord: ceo, business developer, cofounder, founder, affärsutveckling, vd, ledarskap, startup, sthlmtech, sales