The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Cars our mission is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car company and to make people's life less complicated". We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people on-board. People that want to make a difference and create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future.
VODAS (Volvo Cars Diagnostic And SWDL Suite of Applications) is a portfolio of 12 software applications/tools used within the diagnostics and software download area for development, testing and verification mainly during vehicle development phases. The applications were developed several years ago and are currently being maintained by an IT supplier through a blended delivery of onsite and offshore resources. The applications are used by a wide range of internal users (concept teams, node teams, and sometimes by Aftermarket Support), as well as external users (Tier 1/2 suppliers)
The role of the Business Application Manager is to drive the development and maintenance of diagnostic and software download applications. You will plan and drive the development of new features, enhancements and bug fixes, manage and co-ordinate maintenance, as well as provide first level support for end-users, suppliers, and other stakeholders for the applications within the portfolio. You will ensure timely delivery of high quality releases and maintenance updates while maintaining a roadmap for upcoming features and functionalities for all applications in the portfolio.
- Lead cross-functional teams located onsite and offshore and effectively manage project stakeholders.
- Deliver new features, bug fixes, and updates to the applications in the portfolio by estimating, prioritising, delegating and executing project tasks to ensure timely project deliverables.
- Drive multiple concurrent projects and ensure timely and high quality deliveries to end-users, suppliers and stakeholders.
- Capture requirements from stakeholders and produce corresponding requirement specifications.
- Co-ordinate functional testing of application deliveries and perform user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Obtain funding from management for new projects to develop new application features and/or correct major bugs.
- Act as Product Owner for the software applications/tools in the VODAS portfolio.
- Develop and maintain roadmap for the applications in the portfolio.
- Provide first level tool support and act as Go-To person/first person of contact for end-users, suppliers, and stakeholders.
- Provide feedback and report project status to senior management at department/section level.
- Strong project management skills with ability to lead multiple teams and drive timely deliveries while managing time, cost, and quality constraints.
- Experience of working in Agile projects is desirable.
- Experience/knowledge of application maintenance - processes, techniques, and tools.
- Good business analysis/requirement engineering skills to capture requirements from stakeholders and translate them into specifications.
- Knowledge/experience in the automotive industry. Knowledge of Basetech (SWDL, diagnostics) is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of test management and release management.
- Good leadership, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Good documentation, reporting and presentation skills.
- Good skills in Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, JIRA.
Location for this position is onsite in Gothenburg, Sweden from where we expect you are able to work with adequate working permits. Working proficiency in the English language, speech and writing, is a requirement. Combined with the same skills in the Swedish language is considered a merit. We apply a continuous selection process so we recommend that you submit your application in English as soon as possible. Please contact hiring manager Hanni Godoy if you have any questions about the position: email@example.comHelp or senior recruiter Mikael Dewrang firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp regarding the recruiting process.
Please note: We do not accept applications via email.