The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Cars our mission is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car company and to make people's life less complicated". We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people on-board. People that want to make a difference and create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future.
Security Test and Verification Engineer
The Base Tech Multi System Verification Group is a part of Volvo Cars Product & Quality (P&Q). P&Q ensures that the next generation luxury connected cars comply with various specified requirements. This process involves security verification of cutting-edge technologies from the V2X communication to the Automotive Electronic Control Units (ECUs) – containing millions of lines of code within the vehicle. We are now looking for an ambitious security tester and verification engineer to perform analysis and verification on these technologies. This position demands knowledge of information security and vehicular communication protocols. The ideal candidate will create and automate test cases according to actual requirements in addition to testing with manual tools and documenting the results.
- Perform security testing activities related to in-vehicle communication independently or as a part of a team
- Work with the test team and engineering teams to identify the security requirements
- Collaborate with concept owners to establish verification methods
- Verify security requirements of different types of ECUs related to e.g. Infotainment, Gateway and Connectivity functions.
- Create and execute test cases for different types of ECUs and builds.
- Ability to work within different test environments, i.e. real cars as well as Boxcars or similar settings.
- Ensuring proficiency and adequate level of details in reports and test results
- Demonstrate critical thinking and creative analytical skills to identify vulnerabilities that are difficult to detect, and to lower the false-positive rates in testing.
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. within computer science and engineering, electronics, mechatronic or equivalent
- Proficient in programming languages such as C/C++ and Python/Bash/CAPL
- Knowledge and experience on vehicle networks and communication protocols such as CAN, TCP/IP, IEEE 802.11x, BLE, and Bluetooth
- Experience of one or several tools such as Wireshark, CANalyzer and CANoe
- Ability to work constructively as an individual or in teams
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Positive attitude with a learning mindset and willingness to evolve within the given role.
- Previous security research
- Previous knowledge of automotive related standards such as UDS and SOME/IP
- Experience with reverse engineering, pen-testing for embedded devices
- Experience of Metasploit framework and Kali Linux OS.
- International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) certification
- Other security related certifications such as CISSP and CEH is considered meritorious.
Location for this position is onsite in Gothenburg, Sweden from where we expect you are able to work with adequate working permits. Working proficiency in the English language, speech and writing, is a requirement. Combined with the same skills in the Swedish language is considered a merit. We apply a continuous selection process so we recommend that you submit your application in English as soon as possible. Please contact hiring manager Karl-Gustav Johansson if you have any questions about the position: firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp or senior recruiter Mikael Dewrang email@example.comHelp regarding the recruiting process